Terms and Conditions
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF FREEDOM FEDERAL CREDIT UNION WEBSITE Freedom Federal Credit Union ("we," “us,” “our”) requires that all visitors to our site on the World Wide Web (the "Site") adhere to the following Terms and Conditions. Accessing the Site or viewing any of its contents shall constitute your acknowledgment of and agreement with these Terms and Conditions.
1. LAWS AND REGULATIONS Except as specifically set forth in these Terms and Conditions, user access to and use of the Site is subject to all applicable international, federal, state and local laws and regulations.
2. COPYRIGHT/TRADEMARKS All information, including designs, content and images, contained on the Site is owned by Freedom Federal Credit Union and/or licensed to us. Trademarks, logos and service marks displayed on the Site to identify the source of services and products are our property or the property of the respective third-party owners. All information and content including any software programs available on or used to operate the Site ("Content") is proprietary to the respective owners. Users are prohibited from modifying, copying, distributing, transmitting, displaying, publishing, selling, licensing, creating derivative works or using any of the Marks or Content available on or through the Site for commercial or public purposes.
3. WEBSITE CONTENT/USE OF INFORMATION AND MATERIALS Information available on the Site is provided for informational purposes only, as a courtesy to our members and visitors. Should you decide to take direct action based on general financial content provided on this Site, please be aware that you do so at your own risk. Every Site user has a different financial situation, and what applies ideally to one user may have adverse consequences for another; you accept responsibility for all actions you take based on information provided on the Site. Content on the Site may vary based on a user’s demographics, preferences or other designating factors. Also, all services and products may not be available to all Site users. Your eligibility for particular products and services is subject to our final determination and approval. No part of this Site may be redistributed, copied, or reproduced without our prior written consent. The information and materials contained on the Site and these Terms and Conditions of access are subject to change without notice.
4. NO WARRANTIES ALL CONTENT, PRODUCTS AND SERVICES AVAILABLE ON OR THROUGH THE SITE, ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, SECURITY, COMPLETENESS, ACCURACY OR FREEDOM FROM COMPUTER VIRUS. WE DO NOT ENDORSE NOR ARE WE RESPONSIBLE FOR (A) THE ACCURACY OR RELIABILITY OF ANY OPINION, ADVICE OR STATEMENT MADE THROUGH THE SITE OR A LINKED SITE BY ANY PARTY, OR (B) THE CAPABILITIES OR RELIABILITY OF ANY PRODUCT OR SERVICE OBTAINED FROM A LINKED SITE. OTHER THAN AS REQUIRED UNDER APPLICABLE CONSUMER PROTECTION LAW. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE WILL WE BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE CAUSED BY A USER'S RELIANCE ON INFORMATION OBTAINED THROUGH THE SITE OR A LINKED SITE, OR USER'S RELIANCE ON ANY PRODUCT OR SERVICE OBTAINED FROM A LINKED SITE. IT IS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE USER TO EVALUATE THE ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS OR USEFULNESS OF ANY OPINION, ADVICE OR OTHER CONTENT AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SITE OR OBTAINED FROM A LINKED SITE. PLEASE SEEK THE ADVICE OF PROFESSIONALS, AS APPROPRIATE, REGARDING THE EVALUATION OF ANY SPECIFIC OPINION, ADVICE, PRODUCT, SERVICE AND OTHER CONTENT.
5. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR USE OF THE SITE AND LINKED SITES IN NO EVENT WILL WE, OR ANY OF OUR SUBSIDIARIES OR AFFILIATES AND ANY OF THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, OR AGENTS, BE LIABLE, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE, FOR ANY INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL OR INDIRECT DAMAGES (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION LOST PROFITS, COST OF PROCURING SUBSTITUTE SERVICE OR LOST OPPORTUNITY) ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OF THE SITE OR A LINKED SITE, OR WITH THE DELAY OR INABILITY TO USE THE SITE OR A LINKED SITE, EVEN IF WE ARE MADE AWARE OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. THIS LIMITATION ON LIABILITY INCLUDES, BUT IS NOT LIMITED TO, THE TRANSMISSION OF ANY VIRUSES THAT MAY INFECT A USER'S EQUIPMENT, FAILURE OF MECHANICAL OR ELECTRONIC EQUIPMENT OR COMMUNICATION LINES, TELEPHONE OR OTHER INTERCONNECT PROBLEMS (e.g., YOU CANNOT ACCESS YOUR INTERNET SERVICE PROVIDER), UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS, THEFT, OPERATOR ERRORS, STRIKES OR OTHER LABOR PROBLEMS OR ANY FORCE MAJEURE. WE CANNOT AND DO NOT GUARANTEE CONTINUOUS, UNINTERRUPTED OR SECURE ACCESS TO THE WEBSITE.
6. CONFIDENTIALITY OF USER COMMUNICATIONS Except as required by law and in accordance with our Internet Privacy Statement, we will maintain the confidentiality of all user communications that contain personal user information and that are transmitted directly to us. Postings by a user on any message board or in any chat room will not be protected as confidential and we may use and provide information contained in any such postings (including any ideas, concepts, know-how or other intellectual property) to any of our subsidiaries and/or affiliates for any purpose whatsoever and as deemed appropriate by us. We make no promises with respect to controlling discussions that may take place on any bulletin board, chat room or other site communication device, but we do reserve the right to monitor communications areas, removing or modifying any material, at our sole discretion. You should be aware that linked sites may contain confidentiality provisions that differ from the provisions contained herein. We are not responsible for such provisions and expressly disclaim any and all liability related to such provisions.
7. LINKED INTERNET SITES We prohibit caching, unauthorized links to the Site and framing of any Content available through the Site. We reserve the right to disable any unauthorized links or frames and specifically disclaim any responsibility for the Content available on any other Internet sites linked to the Site. Access to any other Internet sites linked to the Site is at the user's own risk. You should be aware that linked Sites may contain rules and regulations, privacy provisions, confidentiality provisions, transmission of personal data provisions, and other provisions that differ from the provisions provided on the Site. We are not responsible for such provisions and expressly disclaim any and all liability related to such provisions.
8. SECURE-AREA ACCESS/DATA TRANSMISSION A user can only access secure areas of the Site pursuant to the Freedom Federal Credit Union Internet Service Electronic Funds Transfer Disclosure and Agreement (FreeNet 24 Access Agreement) with a valid user ID and password related to accounts held by us. Because of the site security system, should a user attempt to access a secure area more than three times using an invalid user ID or password, that user will be locked out of the secure areas of the Site. To regain access to the secure areas a user must view our FreeNet 24 Access Agreement and contact our MemberCare telephone number as noted. Information within the secure areas of the site will use at least 40-bit encryption technology. The secure area also will use secure sockets layer technology. The information will be transmitted among various secure computer systems in order to ensure that all properly submitted transaction requests are made in a timely, efficient and secure manner.
9. CHANGES TO RULES AND REGULATIONS We reserve the right to revise these Terms and Conditions at any time and users are deemed to be apprised of and bound by any changes to these Terms and Conditions.
10. VIOLATIONS OF RULES AND REGULATIONS We reserve the right to seek all remedies available at law and in equity for violations of these Terms and Conditions, including the right to block access from a particular Internet address to the Site.
11. ACCESS TO PASSWORD PROTECTED/SECURE AREAS Access to and use of password protected and/or secure areas of the Site is restricted to authorized users only. Please see the FreeNet 24 Access Agreement. Unauthorized individuals attempting to access these areas of the Site may be subject to prosecution.
12. USE OF "COOKIE" FILE FEATURES We reserve the right to store information on a user's computer in the form of a "cookie" or similar file for purposes of modifying the Site to reflect users' preferences. Our Internet Privacy Statement provides additional information regarding our use of “cookies.”
13. JURISDICTION/GOVERNING LAW Users of this Site agree to submit to the laws of the State of North Carolina, USA and applicable federal law without regard to conflicts of laws or principles.